Monday, April 9, 2012

Manic Monday

My day job has been a little slow lately. It gives me a lot of time for culinary daydreams. Today, I was thinking about the spinach in the fridge that needed to be used today. I thought about making some spinach pockets, but decided to go a different route.

Spinach Pizza (spinach, provolone, Romano, Parmesan, and spices)


Recipe:
1 package crescent rolls
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
 2 c. spinach
3-4 tbsp parmesean/romano blend
1/2 c. provolone 
1 tsp pizza or Italian season blend
Spread the crescent rolls across a baking sheet and brush with olive oil and garlic. Layer spinach and top with cheeses. Sprinkle with Italian or pizza seasoning. Bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven.

My 10-year-old buddy asked me why I was taking pictures of the food. I guess he didn't think it was as pretty as I did. However, he ate two slices. I'd say that makes this dinner kid-approved.

Coming soon:
-Blog and FB page contest!
-Pink cupcakes for a baby shower

No comments:

Post a Comment